Brooks Institute for Sports Science
About the Brooks Institute
The Brooks Institute helps generate opportunities for both
engineering and non-engineering majors to successfully pursue a
meaningful motorsports experience while enrolled at Clemson. We do this by:
- Offering institute-sponsored student scholarships.
- Actively supporting the Formula SAE and SAE Baja international student competition teams.
- Creating University-driven private sector partnerships with
racing teams and organizations — designed to deliver motorsports
industry-sponsored internships and scholarships, targeting qualified
Ultimately, the Clemson University undergraduate motorsports experience is both self-directed and faculty guided.
Key elements of a successful student experience include:
- Active participation on student competition teams.
- Pursuit of available scholarship and internship opportunities with motorsports organizations.
- Direct engagement with faculty advisors who can assist students in
targeting high-performance engineering and business/marketing course
work applicable to motorsports.