Centers and Institutes
HEHD Faculty Support Services
- One-on-one service for technology support while teaching in Edwards
Laptop/LCD Projector Availability
- Conferences, Class Use, and Work-related Home Use as needed. The loan period is typically for the duration of use, as requested in advance.
Rich Media Capture/Videoconferencing Services
- The LRC offers videoconferencing services in Room 201 Edwards. Please see LRC Director for more information on videoconferencing policies and procedures.
Scantron Test Grading
- The LRC provides a Scantron machine for scoring exams. The Scantron uses the green forms and only provides a very limited analysis. Please see LRC staff for further information.
Book and Video Collection
- The LRC provides two primary collections for use in the instructional process by faculty and students.
- Book Collection: this collection is a nursing/public health based collection and is available for a two-week checkout to faculty/students for use in the learning process.
- Video Collection: this collection primarily serves as a faculty based resource for assigning students audiovisual tools to enhance the classroom experience. The loan period for faculty is for duration of use.
Poster Design and Printing Assistance
- Poster Design (ppt)
- For this presentation, click here.
- Faculty may place materials - books/articles/etc. - on reserve in the LRC. Materials placed on reserve should include specifications and restrictions on use. Materials will be maintained in the LRC until faculty notification that reserve material should be pulled from the reserve material collection.
- The LRC maintains a technology-rich classroom and learning space as well as two small 3-5 person study rooms for use by labs, classes, meetings, small group meetings, guest speakers, special events etc.
- Room 201 Edwards Hall (classroom) must be booked with Kristen Lawson, LRC Director. Please notify the LRC Director of any technology needs when reserving this room.
- LRC staff will scan graphics or documents for faculty upon request. The LRC will return the scanned documents and all other materials within 24/48 hours.
- Faculty and staff are invited to use our scanning printer that e-mails documents scanned directly to their e-mail inbox.
- The LRC Director provides basic support for Blackboard users. In-depth problems/issues are referred to CCIT. The LRC office maintains a current printed Blackboard manual.
AV Preview Requests
- Previews for AV resources (ex. video/cd/dvd) on nursing / public health topics may be requested/submitted to the LRC Director by email. The LRC Director will obtain the preview item, notify faculty, and will be responsible for returning material.
- Request for purchase can be submitted by either faculty and/or the LRC Director to the Director of the School of Nursing. Resource items are purchased by department and then inventoried and located in the LRC for access.
Other Available Equipment/Technology
- The LRC provides flip charts, wireless access, and 12 desktop PC’s and 1 iMac in the LRC for student access to the Internet, Microsoft Office, and a variety of specialty software.
Technology/Equipment Policy Notes
- Call 656-5477 / email firstname.lastname@example.org to request equipment. Equipment for use on and off campus should be reserved at least 24 hrs in advance to ensure availability.
- The LRC Director will provide instruction for operation of equipment if requested.
- Faculty is responsible for proper operation of equipment and should notify the LRC when equipment does not operate properly.
- Faculty must pick up and return equipment during LRC operating hours and/or make other arrangements with the LRC Director.
- No equipment will be loaned for personal use.