The online digital learning portal EducateWorkforce.com, launching in January 2014, will offer one course in both English and Spanish. The technical college student or industry employee will be able to register with this site which will provide a selection of courses free of charge or at low cost. Once the course is added to the user’s profile, the user will be able to traverse through content of the course. The typical pages in a course are as follows:
- Course Info: Describes new updates and provides handouts for the course.
- Courseware: This is the main learning path providing the user with outlined course material consisting of online lectures, learning assignment types (homework, lab, midterm/final exams), and interactive virtual reality-based exercises.
- Discussion: Allows students to collaborate on the course material through a discussion forum. Students can use the Progress Page as a report for grading feedback from the different learning assignment types.
- Syllabus: Suggests to the user a general overview of what the course will entail and guides them on the suggested learning path.
- eBook: This is an electronic textbook for additional information and reference.
- Open Ended Panel: Provides feedback on open response assessment questions taken or graded by the user.
- Glossary Page: This is a list global terms/definitions of all modules provided throughout the course.
Understanding these pages within a course on EducateWorkforce.com will afford the student an opportunity to master the topic presented.