Homeschool Science Days
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Science Outreach Center has suspended all in-person activities. However, our Virtual Summer Camps were a great success and Virtual STEM Club begins on September 28!
Email email@example.com with any questions.
Come join us for some hands-on science learning on the campus of Clemson University.
Clemson University lab instructors will lead your child through a mini-lesson and hands-on science laboratory investigation in a real science lab!
Please note - Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the event.
Ages: We will run two simultaneous labs, one for ages 6-11 and the other for ages 12-15.
Time: 10 am- 12 pm
Dates & Topics:
- Wednesday, March 25 - Chemistry Connections with Acids/Bases
- Wednesday, April 22 - DNA Detectives
- Wednesday, May 27 - Exploring Electricity
Chemistry Connections with Acids/Bases
- Learn about acids and bases
- Explore the chemical reactions between acids and bases through the Exploding Firework experiment
- Combine art and science to design and create paintings with an acid/base chemical reaction
- Learn about acids and bases as you make and test your own acid/base indicator
- Learn about the pH scale as you make and test your own pH indicator
- Conduct a scientific investigation into the pH of various household products
DNA Detectives (description coming soon!)
Exploring Electricity (description coming soon!)