CULSOC Virtual STEM Camps
4/28/20 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Clemson University has suspended all in-person academic camps to be held this summer. The Clemson University Life Sciences Outreach Center will transition the majority of camps to an online, virtual format. We will miss having your children on campus this summer, but look forward to offering them fun and engaging science experiences in the virtual environment.
The information below is for our 2020 summer schedule! (see the link in the left margin for information on our new spring holiday camps).
Print a Virtual STEM Camp info flyer
Monday-Thursday 9:30 AM - noon (ET)Where?
Zoom virtual classroom Who?
Camps are designed for learners ages 8-12
Camps start at only $90*
*additional fee of ~$25 for camp materials to be mailed to you Questions?
Please contact us at email@example.com
2 live instructors will be present for all camps!
Meet our Instructors
REGISTRATION - use this link to register for all virtual STEM camps
Once you register and pay online for a CULSOC camp, you will immediately receive a receipt via the email address you provided during registration. Please save the receipt. A few weeks before the day camp begins, you will receive a detailed email containing all camp logistics and any necessary forms that need to be completed in advance. If you do not receive this logistics email, please contact Katherine Freeman, CULSOC Instructor and Lab Technician, firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-656-9939.
Summer Camps refund policy:
Camp fees, less 25%, are refundable if requested 3 weeks prior to the first day of camp. Inside of 3 weeks prior to the first day of camp, fees are nonrefundable.
- Chemistry Connections Camp
• Use indicators to investigate the pH of items around your own house
• Harness chemical and physical reactions to create art
• Create silly putty polymer
• Design & conduct your own scientific investigation while learning the science behind concentration gradients
Dates: June 22-25 (FULL) or July 6-9 (NEW SESSION!) or July 27-30 (FULL)
- Engineering & Design Challenges Camp
• Learn the engineering design cycle by engaging in hands on design challenges
• Build, test, evaluate, and improve your prototypes base on scientific principles
• Design and build levers, pulleys, parachutes and more
Dates: June 15-18 (FULL) or July 13-16 (FULL) or Aug 10-13
- Fun with Physics Camp
• Build & test your own conductivity meter and battery
• Explore basic principles of electric current by building and manipulating electric circuits
• Investigate electromagnets and build your own motorized pet
• Experiment with Newton’s 3 laws of motion in an engineering design challenge
Dates: June 8-11 or June 29- July 2 (FULL) or Aug 3-6 (FULL)