Course formats and schedule
Graduate level courses offered by Clemson Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life are currently held at the University Center in Greenville. We are currently using Adobe Connect for students in the blended program.
What should you expect?
- Your professor will let you know of both physical and virtual class locations before classes start.
- For Blended class formats, there's a simultaneous live streaming of the course, where students can see, hear and interact with their peers and professors.
- Expect synchronous and asynchronous class interactions. Your professor will inform you of your assignments and what needs to be done.
What is expected of you?
- Due to the technology used in IFNL classes, we strongly encourage students to have a stable high speed Internet connection. A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbs is recommended.
- A fast computer with a minimum of 4Gb RAM.
- A microphone, a webcam and a headset/earphones is a must. Using your computer speakers will produce unpleasant echoes and disturb class dynamics.
- For Windows users, we encourage students to use Internet Explorer to connect to the virtual room. Note: Google Chrome does not support the Adobe Connect add-in, as a result you will experience audio problems.
- You will need to install the Adobe Flash player on your computer. http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- You will need to install the Adobe Connect Add-in for your browser. Run this test before your first meeting https://connect.clemson.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. The window will prompt you to install the necessary software.
- Make sure your browser's pop-up blocker is turned off. If you are logging in from a different computer next time, you will need to run this test again.
- It is student's responsibility to learn how to use Adobe Connect and its functions. If you are unfamiliar with this platform, please explore these resources:
- Attending an Adobe Connect meeting :http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect/attending-a-meeting/
- Participant information :http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect/adobe-connect-8-jumpstart-for-participants/
- Using audio functions: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect/using-voip-audio/. Please set your microphone level to 65%. If this level is unsatisfactory, your meeting host will advise you to adjust your microphone volume. Note :Turning up your computer volume is not affecting the volume of your microphone.
Questions concerning technology used in IFNL classes may be addressed to:
Marian Turcan, Ed.D, email@example.com ; tel. 864-250-4664.
Sections: Make sure you select the correct section number when registering for your class.
||Life in a Global Community
||Research Methods in IFCS I
||Intl Human Rights Law
||Topics in Societal Intl Research
||J. McDonell, B. Holaday, M.Thompson
For Help with class registration please visit this link:
The Registration portal is: https://casauth.clemson.edu/
Back to IFNL