Course formats and schedule
Courses for the International Family & Community Studies Ph.D. & Certificate programs are held at the University Center in Greenville. We currently use Adobe Connect for students in the blended program.
What should you expect?
- Your professor will let you know of both physical and virtual class locations before classes start.
- For Blended class formats, there's a simultaneous live streaming of the course, where students can see, hear and interact with their peers and professors.
- Expect synchronous and asynchronous class interactions. Your professor will inform you of your assignments and what needs to be done.
What is expected of you?
- Due to the technology used in YFCS classes, we strongly encourage students to have a stable high speed Internet connection. A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbs is recommended.
- A fast computer with a minimum of 4Gb RAM.
- A microphone, a webcam and a headset/earphones is a must. Using your computer speakers will produce unpleasant echoes and disturb class dynamics.
- For Windows users, we encourage students to use Internet Explorer to connect to the virtual room. Note: Google Chrome does not support the Adobe Connect add-in, as a result you will experience audio problems.
- You will need to install the Adobe Flash player on your computer. http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- You will need to install the Adobe Connect Add-in for your browser. Run this test before your first meeting https://connect.clemson.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. The window will prompt you to install the necessary software.
- Make sure your browser's pop-up blocker is turned off. If you are logging in from a different computer next time, you will need to run this test again.
- It is student's responsibility to learn how to use Adobe Connect and its functions. If you are unfamiliar with this platform, please explore these resources:
- Attending an Adobe Connect meeting :http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect/attending-a-meeting/
- Participant information :http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect/adobe-connect-8-jumpstart-for-participants/
- Using audio functions: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect/using-voip-audio/. Please set your microphone level to 65%. If this level is unsatisfactory, your meeting host will advise you to adjust your microphone volume. Note :Turning up your computer volume is not affecting the volume of your microphone.
Questions concerning technology used in YFCS classes may be addressed to:
Marian Turcan, Ed.D, firstname.lastname@example.org ; tel. 864-250-4664.
Sections: Make sure you select the correct section number when registering for your class.
||Research Methods in IFCS II
||J. McDonell, N. Sianko
||M. Small, A. More de Peralta
For Help with class registration please visit this link:
The Registration portal is: https://casauth.clemson.edu/
Back to IFNL