- Light microscopes are the only permissible equipment to be used in capturing photo(s).
- All light imaging techniques are eligible. Pseudocolorized or other computer-enhanced images are eligible as long as the manipulation is done to highlight key aspects of the photo(s).
- No video submissions will be accepted in this contest.
- The contest is free and open to the public.
- All participants must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must be completely original and the sole work of the participant(s). Images mist be captured by at least one or more of the authors listed on the Official Entry Form. If a third party was utilized in the capturing of the entry, the third party has full rights to that content. No rights of a utilized third party will be violated in the entering of the competition with the captured image.
- Contest winners must live in the continental US in order to receive a prize.
- Group entries are welcome; however, any submission by an individual as part of a group counts toward the total number of entries that may be submitted by an individual entrant (maximum of three). Additionally, The Clemson Light Imaging Facility will not be responsible for distributing the prize among the group. If a group submission wins a prize, the prize will be distributed to the first individual listed on the entry form. It is up to the individual to distribute the prize to the group.
- Please limit group entries to a maximum of 5 authors.
- All personnel currently and/or previously affiliated with Clemson Light Imaging Facility are not permitted to submit entries in this competition. This includes, but is not limited to, employees and each of his or her immediate family members (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent/grandparent, and those living in the same household).
- Appointed expert judges are not permitted to submit any entries into the competition.
- All entries should be submitted by the guidelines outlined in Section II. All other means of submission will not be eligible for judging.
- Clemson Light Imaging Facility is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, or incompatible images.
- Entries previously submitted to the Clemson Light Imaging Facility’s micrograph competition are eligible to take part in the current, ongoing competition unless the entry won any award or honorable mention in any previous CLIF micrograph competitions.
- Entries must not have previously earned any award, honorable mention, recognition, or prize in any other commercially sponsored competition; however, micrographs that have earned academic recognition or have been previously published may remain eligible for the competition. Individuals must determine if micrographs are eligible based on publisher copyright guidelines.
- No text or scalebars should be included on the micrograph when submitted. Supplemental information pertaining to the image should be written on the contest entry form only.
- CLIF Home
- About Us
- Use the Facility
- Micrograph Contest!
- Contact Us
CLIF Blog: Focused on Discovery
Microprints by CLIF