The Department of Automotive Engineering would like to thank BMW for their continued support of our program and CU-ICAR.
One of the ways that BMW shows its support is by providing fellowship opportunities for incoming M.S. students. BMW Fellows will receive $10,000 to cover tuition and educational expenses during their first year of the program.
The application process for the 2014-2015 academic year is now complete. The 2015-2016 application form will be posted here when it becomes available in the fall. In the meantime, the basic qualifications are outlined below.
To be considered for this fellowship, students must
- begin their M.S. program in Clemson University's Department of Automotive Engineering in Fall 2015. Students must apply for admission and be accepted to be considered for the fellowship.
- have at least a 3.3 GPA from their undergraduate institution.
- have unrestricted work eligibility in the U.S. (cannot require sponsorship - F1 visa students are not eligible.)
- have relevant experience in manufacturing or automotives
- be willing to perform an internship at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (summer 2016)
- be willing to learn German and work internationally. Students are not promised an international assignment but they must be willing to go if asked.
Preference will be given to students who have experience working internationally and/or those with foreign language proficiency with German being particularly desirable.