Professor of Civil Engineering
Areas of Interest:
Cement, Concrete, Aggregates and Supplementary Materials
Microscopy and Petrography of Cement Based Composites, Aggregates
Durability of Cementitious Systems
Concrete Pavements: Design, Construction and Rehabilitation
B. Tech., Civil Engineering, 1991, Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, India
M.S., Civil Engineering, 1993, Iowa State University
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 1997, Purdue University
Classes typically taught:
CE 3510 Civil Engineering Material
CE 8260 Properties of Portland Cement Concrete
CE 8930 Special Cements and Concretes
CE 8930 Repair and Rehabilitation of Concrete Structures
ENGR 1200 Engineering Problem Solving and Design
Professional Engineer in Minnesota
Professional Society Membership:
American Society of Civil Engineers
American Concrete Institute
American Society of Testing Materials
Transportation Research Board
- Afshinnia, K. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Sustainable Use of Recycled Glass in Portland Cement Concrete”, The Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, Volume 42, issue 1, February, 2016.
- Afshinnia, K. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Efficiency of Ternary Blends Containing Fine Glass Powder in Mitigating Alkali-Silica Reaction”, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.09.043
- Li, Z. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Influence of Silica Flour-Silica Fume Combination on the Properties of High Performance Cementitious Mixtures at Ambient Temperature Curing” Journal of Construction and Building Materials, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.09.042
- Jimma, B.E. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Chemical Admixtures Dose Optimization in Pervious Concrete Paste Selection - A Statistical Approach”, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.10.003
- Afshinnia, K. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Influence of Fineness of Ground Recycled Glass on Mitigation of Alkali-Silica Reaction in Mortars”, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 81, pp. 257-267, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.02.041
- Li, Z., Harish, K.V. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Effect of Sand Content on the Properties of Self-Consolidating High Performance Cementitious Mortar”, Transportation Research Record: The Journal of Transportation Research Board, Concrete Materials, Vol. 2508, p. 10, 2015
- Afshinnia, K. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Effectiveness of Ground Glass Powder From Recycled Glass In Mitigating Alkali-Silica Reaction In Concrete”, Transportation Research Record: The Journal of Transportation Research Board, Concrete Materials, Vol. 2508, p. 11, 2015
- Harish, K.V. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Effect of Grinding of Low-Carbon Rice Husk Ash (RHA) on the Microstructure and Properties of Cementitious Systems Containing RHA”, Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 55, 2015, pp. 348-363. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2014.09.021.
- Latifee, E.R. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Miniature Concrete Prism Test – Rapid Test Method for Evaluating Alkali Silica Reactivity of Aggregates” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0001183
- Jimma, B. and Rangaraju, P.R. "Film-Forming Ability of Flowable Cement Pastes and its Application in Mixture Proportioning of Pervious Concrete", Construction and Building Materials Journal, Vol. 71, No. 30, November 2014, Pages 273-282, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.08.018.
- Pattnaik, R.R. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Investigation on Flexure Test of Composite Beam of Repair Materials and Substrate Concrete for Durable Repair” Journal of the Institute of Engineers (India): Series A, Vol. 95, No. 4, pp. 203-209, 2014.
- Pattnaik, R.R and Rangaraju, P.R. “Relationships between Properties and Compatibility of Repair Materials with Substrate Concrete” Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 88, 2014, p.12.
- Harish, K.V. and Rangaraju, P.R. "Effectiveness of Lithium Nitrate in Mitigating Alkali-Silica Reaction in the Presence of Fly Ashes of Varying Chemical Compositions." ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 14, July 2014.
- Harish, K.V. and Rangaraju, P.R. "Evaluation of Sulfate Resistance of Portland Cement Mortars Containing Low-Carbon Rice Husk Ash." ASCE Journal of Materials Civil Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 4, April 2014.
- Gadkar, S. and Rangaraju, P.R. “Freeze-Thaw Durability of Portland Cement Concrete Containing Crumb Rubber”, ASTM Journal of Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, Vol. 2, No. 1, October 2013.