Industrial Engineering






If you have any questions about purchasing please see the link below or contact Jenny Wirtz at jwirtz(at)

CU Procurement and Disbursement Guidelines -

IE Reimbursement Form

  • Used by faculty and staff only.
  • This form should only be used for business meals and in rare occasions for supplies or other reimbursements. If a supplies purchase needs to be made, it should be purchased through BuyWays or on the departmental p-card.
  • Submit the completed form with all signatures to Jenny Wirtz.

IE Visa Form

  • Used by faculty, staff and students.
  • Complete this form and obtain the appropriate signatures before any purchase is made using the departmental p-card. If the Department is covering the expenditures, have Dr. Mason sign the form and if the expenses are being paid from other sources, have the PI sign.
  • Submit the completed form with all signatures to Jenny Wirtz, along with all paid receipts attached.

Student Reimbursement Form

  • Used by students. It requires contact information to ensure the correct student receives payment.
  • This form is used for IE 467 supplies and mileage.
  • Submit the completed form to Jenny Wirtz.


  • Used by hourly student employees.
  • Submit the completed form to Jenny Wirtz on the timesheet due dates outlined on the IE department calendar.
  • You must fill out all of the following before turning in your timesheet to me:
    • Department Number (0920)
    • Full Name
    • Employee ID (can be found by looking at your check stub online in PeopleSoft)
    • Time in and out (in exact minutes)
    • Sign as employee and acquire supervisor signature


CU Travel Policies & Guidelines -

Travel Reimbursement Form

  • Used by faculty, staff and students who travel on overnight trips.
  • All expenses should have an original paid receipt except for mileage, meals and the occasional expense that is less than $5; such as tolls.
  • It should be turned in within 30 days of the travel date at the most.
  • Submit the completed form with all signatures to Jenny Wirtz.
Travel Log Form
  • Used by faculty, staff and students.
  • Use this form for multiple non-overnight trips.
  • Must be turned in within 90 days of the first trip. If I do not receive them within 90 days, I must obtain approval from the Dean’s office before entering and this will delay the reimbursement process.
  • Submit the completed form to Jenny Wirtz.

Visitor Expense Form

  • Used by visitors and speakers that are not employees of Clemson University.
  • Anyone requesting reimbursement must first register in the Clemson University BuyWays system using this link - . It is a very quick registration and should only take a few minutes of your time.
  • Submit the completed form to Jenny Wirtz.

Mileage Calculator

  • Use this spreadsheet to calculate the best form of travel; mileage or rental car.

Travel Request Form

  • Used by faculty, staff and students.
  • Fill this form out to document your expected travel expenses and funding source. It must include all signatures.
  • Submit the completed request to Saundra Holland.

Foreign Travel Request Form

  • Used by faculty, staff or students that will be traveling outside of the continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or Puerto Rico.
  • Submit the completed form to Saundra Holland and she will obtain the appropriate signatures.

In addition, the CoES guidelines regarding source of funding for Foreign Travel are as follows:

1)      Foreign travel paid from sponsored program awards is justifiable provided the travel was specifically included in the awarded budget. Any foreign travel not anticipated in the award will require Sponsor approval.

2)      In general, foreign travel paid from university/department funds (e.g. fund 14, 15, foundation, etc.) is prohibited unless there is a clear programmatic benefit for the department/college/university fully described. Since space on the form is limited, use of an attachment to describe purpose of the trip is acceptable.

3)      Travelers are expected to exercise the same judgment when making travel arrangements and expenditures that a prudent person would exercise. As a steward of State and Federal funds and private grant funds, each employee should use the following guidance when traveling:

    • Excess costs, circuitous routes, delays or luxury accommodations unnecessary or unjustified in the performance of an university duties are not considered exercising prudence.
    • Travel by commercial airlines should be in coach or tourist class.
    • Automobile transportation may be used when common carrier transportation cannot be arranged satisfactorily, or to reduce expenses when two or more University employees are traveling together.
    • Transportation to or from points of arrival and departure should be by the most economical method.


Maintained by:
Industrial Engineering Department, College of Engineering and Science
110 Freeman Hall, Clemson, S.C. 29634 | IE Webmaster | (864) 656-4716