104 Holtzendorff Hall, Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634
Phone: (864) 656-2542
Personal Web Page: http://www.apoorvakapadia.net
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering
- Certificate in Engineering and Science Education
- M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.E. Instrumentation Engineering
University of Mumbai
- ENGR 1050/1060 (regular and Honors) Introduction to engineering, problem solving, analysis using Excel
- ENGR 1070/1080/1090 (regular and Honors) Engineering problem solving using Matlab
- ECE 4550 Robotic Manipulators - Summer 2011, 2012, 2013
- ECE 4090 Continuous Systems - Summer 2011, 2012, 2013
- ECE 3720 Microcomputer Interfacing Lab - Summer 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Summer 2010
- ECE 2620 Electrical Circuits II (AC Circuits) - Fall 2013
- ECE 2040 Circuit Analysis Problem Solving I - Spring 2007
- Modeling, design, and control of continuum robotic manipulators.
- Design and analysis of robotic manipulator systems.
- Design of nonlinear controllers for electromechanical and embedded systems.
- Development and implementation of real-time electromechanical systems.
- Simulation of control strategies for electromechanical systems.
- Hardware-in-the-loop testing.
- A. Kapadia, I.D. Walker, K.E. Green, J. Manganelli, H. Houayek, A.M. James, V. Kanuri, T. Mokhtar, I. Siles, and P. Yanik, "A Novel Approach to Rethinking the Machines We Live In: A Multidisciplinary Course in Architectural Robotics", Accepted to be published, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine.
- A. Kapadia and I. D. Walker, "Self-Motion Analysis of Extensible Continuum Manipulators", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, Germany, May 2013, pp. 1980 - 1986.
- A. Kapadia, I. D. Walker, and E. Tatlicioglu, "Teleoperation Control of a Redundant Continuum Manipulator Using a Non-Redundant Rigid-Link Master", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robotic Systems, Algarve, Portugal, Oct. 2012 pp. 1087 - 1092.
- A. Kapadia and I. D. Walker, "Task-Space Control of Extensible Continuum Manipulators", Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Robotic Systems, San Francisco, CA, Oct. 2011, pp. 1087 - 1092.
- I have attended the College Football National Championship game, and the Final Four in the same season.
- Have been an Intramural Racquetball Champion
- Like building things and tearing up electronics
- Organized the Science as Art competition