In Education: To
graduate well qualified professional engineers and researchers to support
the advancement of manufacturing science.
In Research: To
acquire, develop, research and disseminate new innovations to visualize
the manufacturing physics.
The automotive original
equipment manufacturer OEM, production facilities, practices and technologies.
Projects and Innovations:
- The Machine Thermal
Vision Technology: hardware and software development.
- The Non-Intrusive Inspection and Evaluation of Materials Sub-surface
Integrity; metals, polymers(HDPE) & composites (CFRP).
- The Thermal Signature Analysis of Vehicles’ Power-Train Sub-assemblies;
IC-Engines, HEV, and (PEM) Fuel-Cells.
- The Quantitative Evaluation of Painted Surfaces’ Attributes, appearance
(Orange-peel), integrity (thickness, adhesion).
- The Automated Product and Process Control; robotic manipulators, vision
- The Welding and Adhesive Bonding; on-line and off-line monitoring, resistance
- Built-In quality control systems; Poke-Yokes.
M. A. Omar, PhD.
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
222 Fluor Daniel Bldg,
Clemson, SC 29634-0921
Phone : (864) 656-5537
Fax : (864) 656-4435
4 Research Drive
340 Campbell Graduate Engineering Center
Phone: (864) 283-7226
Fax: (864) 283-4856
E-mail : email@example.com
URL : http://www.clemson.edu/ces/manuf-research/mo_personalsite/