Peer Mentoring Program
Applications are now open for 2014-2015 Honors Peer Mentors!
Click on the link below to fill out out the online application form by Sunday, March 9, 2014.
The Calhoun Honors College Peer Mentoring Program creates a community of students working and learning together to develop a unique perspective of living and learning through shared experiences. Peer mentors are current upperclassmen in the Honors Program that work with groups of 4-7 newly admitted Honors students throughout the academic year.
In addition to small group events determined by the mentor/mentee groups, the Peer Mentors also plan several large-scale events, including an Honors information fair in August known as Honors New Student Day and various social events including Lemonade on the Lawn.
Objectives of Mentoring:
- To enhance group support and community within the Honors College
- To assist new students with the transition to Clemson University
- To encourage active participation in students' academic years
- To encourage mutually beneficial, positive and lasting relationships between students
- To provide peer mentors with opportunities for developing skills in group facilitation, communication and event-planning
- To enhance mentees' abilities to interact comfortably with people and groups from diverse backgrounds
Interested in Becoming a Mentor?
Applications are now open for the 2014-2015 academic year. Click here to fill out the online application form by Sunday, March 9, 2014. If have further questions regarding the Peer Mentoring Program or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in a mandatory training session
- Meet with mentees as a group at least three times each semester
- Maintain an open line of communication throughout the semester with mentees
- Contact one of the designated Honors College staff or committee member to report progress, issues, events, etc.