EUREKA! Information For Students
INFORMATION for INCOMING EUREKANS!
Listed below are resources and information for students interested in applying for the Eureka! program as well as for those that have already been accepted into the program. If you'd like more information or cannot find what you're looking for, please contact us.
2016 EUREKA! Itinerary
EUREKA! Packing List
2016 Outdoor Adventure Camping Information and Packing List
EUREKA Housing Survey - link to form can be found on the Forms page
Frequently Asked Questions
Lightsey Bridge Apartments - where EUREKA! participants live during the program
Clemson Safety and Emergency Information
Clemson Traditions and Landmarks
Dining Services Information
History of Clemson
Redfern On-Campus Health Center Information
Fall Housing Information for 2016 EUREKANS
We have made special arrangements for EUREKA! participants to move their belongings from their EUREKA! housing to their fall semester housing assignment after the closing dinner on Friday night. Please know that:
- University Housing only allows EUREKA! students to transition to their fall housing on one specific, assigned, date and time.
- For EUREKA! 2016, the transition into fall housing will be Friday, July 29, 2016 between 8:00pm and 10:00pm.
- Only students and parents moving belongings will be allowed access to the dormitories.
- Students wishing to view the dorms will not be admitted.
- Core Campus Honors housing is currently under construction. At this time the University Housing does anticipate that it will be ready for our EUREKA! participants that have been assigned to Core Campus Honors housing to transition their belongings on July 29th, but this could change at any time due to construction delays, etc. We CANNOT guarantee any housing assignment transition, however, Core Campus transitioning is especially vulnerable this year.
Important Freshman Orientation Information for 2016 EUREKANS
Since you have been accepted to Clemson University and the Honors College you are required to attend summer Freshman Orientation; we strongly recommend you attend an Honors Orientation session. If you are accepted into EUREKA!, please do not attend Freshman Orientation after June 24.
- The most practical session for EUREKANS is the June 23 - 24 session.
- We do not allow students to be excused from assigned lab time to attend Freshman Orientation for the duration of the EUREKA! program.
- We have reserved enough places in the June 23 - 24 orientation session for every 2016 EUREKA! student.
- You should register for orientations as instructed by the Office of Orientation (you'll get an orientation packet in the mail).
- If you find that you are unable to register for the June 23 - 24 session (or earlier), please contact the Honors Office and we will make sure you receive one of the reserved spots.
Transportaion and Airport Shuttle Services
Please vist Clemson University's Parking and Transportation Services webpage regarding airport shuttles. You will find it here https://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/parking/transit/airport.html. There you will also find links to various transportation services offered by the University.
General Area Information
Parents (and students) may find the website "visitCLEMSON" helpful for information on area lodging and attractions. IMPORTANT - Do not use the "Contact Us" page for contacting the Honors College as this is not an Honors College website.
For active EUREKANS!
Information for Printing Posters
Poster printing instructions for CCIT Plotters – 2011
Click here for a PDF with guidelines on how to create an effective poster as well as examples of a few past EUREKA! posters
Click an image to download for use in your posters.