About The Emeritus College
The Emeritus College uses the goals below to help direct its efforts.
- To identify and advance the continuing intellectual interests of retired faculty.
- To facilitate the service of retired faculty to the University, community and society.
- To help disseminate retirees’ accumulated knowledge, wisdom and expertise under the Clemson aegis.
- To provide a seamless transition for faculty into retirement as well as a focal point for activities and social interaction.
- To encourage and facilitate retired faculty involvement with students, junior faculty, alumni, faculty governance, University administration and the greater Clemson community.
- To support Clemson in the continuation of research and scholarly pursuits, including publication and grantsmanship.
- To serve as an incentive for recruitment of senior faculty and for retiring faculty to remain contiguous to the University.
Insofar as the above are realized, the common good of the Emeritus College is to provide a means by which retired faculty may keep their minds vigorous, their interests impacting others and their intellect sharp for the betterment of academia.