Voluntary Separation Program: How will premiums for the employee portion be collected?
- If the VSP includes the incentive of Clemson University paying the employer portion of health and dental benefits for up to a year, eligible employees will have the following options:
- Submit payment for the employee portion of the monthly premiums to the Office of Human Resources. Payments must be received by the 1st of the month.
- Request for the employee portion of the premiums to be withheld from the voluntary separation payment incentive.
- If the employee is participating in the MoneyPlu$ Pretax Group Insurance Premium Feature, premiums for the remainder of the current calendar year will be deducted on a pre-tax basis, and premiums for the next calendar year will be deducted on a post-tax basis.
- If the employee is not participating in the MoneyPlu$ Pretax Group Insurance Premium Feature, premiums will be deducted on a post-tax basis.
- If the employee is eligible for retiree insurance, the health, dental, dental plus and/or vision premiums (and if applicable the tobacco surcharge) will be deducted by the S.C. Retirement System from the employee’s retirement check. Optional Retirement participants will be billed directly by PEBA.
Back to Previous Page