Voluntary Reduction in Time Program Guidelines:
A. This program allows University managers to offer exempt and nonexempt faculty and staff the opportunity to voluntarily permanently reduce their time and corresponding pay.
B. Approval of participation in the program is contingent upon departmental operations and workload needs as confirmed by the relevant University managers and by the appropriate Dean and/or Vice President. Clemson University, however, reserves the authority to rescind approval of an employee's participation in the program in the event that University, college or departmental needs require.
C. This program is only available to non-probationary employees in FTE positions, whether Full or Part time.
D. Pay and Benefits
1. Upon appropriate approvals, eligible employees may reduce their normal work schedule and corresponding pay by a minimum reduction of 10% and a maximum of 50%, in increments of 5%.
2. Insurance coverage is unaffected so long as the employee's schedule is not reduced below 30 hours per week.
3. Retirement benefits continue at the same contribution percentage (7%) based on reduced gross pay.
4. Leave accruals continue but will be based on the reduced percentage FTE.
Examples of pay and benefits can be found at: http://www.clemson.edu/employment/inctv_progms/ .
1. Employees will be required to fill out and submit the appropriate request form at: http://www.clemson.edu/employment/inctv_progms/ prior to their participation in the program.
2. Employees need to meet with someone in Clemson University's Office of Human Resources to discuss specific options. Please contact Ask-HR to request a meeting.
3. The employee's revised work schedules must be pre-approved by both the employee's direct supervisor and by the appropriate Dean or Vice President.