overall specific aims of the EXPORT Center are as follows:
1. Strengthen and empower families and communities to engage in health promotion
2. Develop a collaborative inter-institutional partnership to support an infrastructure
for research, training and outreach that addresses health disparities.
3. Develop and implement interdisciplinary research models that address prevention
of and intervention in health disparities across the life span.
4. Develop a sustainable, culturally appropriate model of “best practices” that
engages minority and rural underserved communities to improve health outcomes.
5. Increase the number of underrepresented ethnic minority students and junior
faculty in the health professions.
6. Facilitate the development of a cadre of culturally competent researchers
with the knowledge and skills to address health disparities.