The South Carolina Jr. Beef Round-Up is usually held the first weekend of August each year at Clemson University's T. Ed Garrison Livestock Arena near Clemson, SC. Clemson University's Cooperative Extension Service organizes and coordinates this weekend of beef cattle activities for 4-H/FFA members and their families. In addition to the great camaraderie, there are many opportunities for junior cattlemen to win college scholarships, savings bonds, livestock supplies and show equipment. Some of the events include Sales Talk Contest, Jr. Cattlemen's Contest, Showmanship Contest, Breed Shows, and SC Beef Ambassador Contest.
August 4-6, 2017
T. Ed Garrison Livestock Arena
This event requires many amazing people to continue its success. If you would like to help, here are a few ways you can:
- Contribute funds to our general fund or a specific event.
- Sponsor a scholarship.
- Volunteer to coordinate one of the many events of Round-Up.
- Donate items or products to be used for Cattlemen's Contest prizes.
- Donate services to help lower our expenses.
- Volunteer during the weekend for a variety of tasks
- Serve as a Breed Show representative for un-represented breeds.
If you have other ideas or just want to help out, don't hesitate to contact us!
Once you have checked the current South Carolina Jr. Beef Round-Up Handbook and the FAQs website, if you still have questions feel free to contact the individuals listed below.
Clemson University '16
Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Cooperative Extension Intern
Dr. Meghan Wood
Assistant Director 4-H, Youth Livestock Coordinator