Exploring Pee Dee Waterways
serving Florence and surrounding counties
Activities & Skills
Clemson Extension 4-H2O is a water-based science camp giving students the opportunity to explore the Pee Dee's rich waterways, learn about water quality and the importance of healthy ecosystems. Students will participate in kayaking, water quality testing, fishing, birding and other unique experiences purposed to foster greater stewardship of our shared natural resources.
- June 8-12, 2015
- $100.00 Early bird, After April 15 $125
- 9-14 yo
- 9am-4:30pm daily
You should also know...
- Each camper will receive a t-shirt, backpack and water bottle. Lunch will be provided on Friday during the week. Water and snacks will also be provided each day.
- Youth should wear clothes suitable for the outdoors and closed-toed shoes that will stay on their feet and are suitable for walking.
- Youth need to bring a lunch Monday-Thursday. Lunches must have icepacks or not need to be refrigerated. We will provide water and snacks each day.
- Youth should be prepared to be outdoors in warm weather and should bring a hat, sunscreen and bug repellent.
- Registration limited to 20 participants.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Registration is taken on a first come, first served basis with a final deadline of May 22.
- Medical examination completed and signed by licensed medical personnel is required for participation in camp.
- Youth are required to be able to swim.
- Sessions are 9-4:30 Monday-Friday.
- Parents may drop their campers off between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. each morning.
Sign me up!
Download the PDF application >
Florence County Extension Office
2685 S Irby Street
Florence, SC 29505