Download Adobe Reader


Know who to contact - SC has several agencies that deal with honey bees, each with a different aspect. Please look over the chart below to make sure you contact the appropriate resource - time can be of the essence and contacting the wrong agency will likely lead to a delay.

*See "News" for contact information for local mosquito control & hive mapping program


Clemson University Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR)

Dr. Mike Weyman ( Department Head

Mr. Ryan Okey ( - Pesticide Program Chief

CLICK HERE for a map of regions and a list of DPR inspectors across the state 

Clemson University Department of Plant Industry (DPI) Apiary Inspection for disease

*NOTE: The Beltsville USDA Bee Lab's diagnostic testing service is currently on hiatus until further notice due to being understaffed.


Clemson’s Hive Mapping/Bee Stewardship Program (see more information on News page)

Beekeeper portal:

Pesticide applicator portal:

If you have a swarm of bees at your house that you would like to relocate, please contact your local beekeeping association for assistance.

If you have questions related to homeowner and garden issues, please contact Clemson's Home and Garden Information Center (HGIC):

Jennifer Tsuruda, PhD
Apiculture Specialist
Clemson University
272 Poole Agricultural Bldg
130 McGinty Ct
Clemson, SC 29634