Effective: July 16, 1984
Revised: May 1, 2011
Responsible Office: Controller
Regulatory Authority: State of South Carolina Budget and Control Board Policy
All travel outside the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico requires approval prior to the beginning of the trip.
Foreign Travel Approval
- Approval for Foreign Travel may be delegated by the President, Vice Presidents, Chief Financial Officer, and the Secretary to the Board within their areas as is appropriate. Ultimate responsibility resides with these individuals.
- All Foreign Travel paid from sponsored grants & contracts (fund code "20") must have prior approval of the Office of Sponsored Programs Accounting Administration.
- Delegation of Responsibility for the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost - Deans must secure prior approval of the Provost or the Provost's designee(s) for Foreign Travel. Faculty and staff members in departments within the Provost's immediate budget center must secure prior approval from the Provost or the Provost's designee(s).
- Foreign Travel - Public Service Activities (Federal or State Funds). No foreign travel will be paid from public service activities federal or state funds. Exceptions can be made with written approval of the Vice President for Public Service and Agriculture.
- Responsibility for Reporting of Foreign Travel to the State Budget and Control Board is assigned to the Controller’s Office
- Reporting Units
- Policies and Procedures
- Teams, Committees, Councils
- Office of the Executive Vice President for Finance and Operations
- Accounting for Related Organizations
- Accounting Services
- Accounts Receivable
- Budget Office
- Cash and Treasury Services
- Controller's Office
- Human Resources
- Land and Capital Asset Stewardship
- Lean Office
- Procurement Services
- Student Financial Services
- University Facilities