Responsible Office: Comptroller
Regulatory Authority: State of South Carolina Budget and Control Board Policy
All travel outside the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico requires approval prior to the beginning of the trip.
Foreign Travel Approval
Foreign Travel Guidelines:
- Approval for Foreign Travel may be delegated by the President, Vice Presidents, Chief Financial Officer, and the Secretary to the Board within their areas as is appropriate. Ultimate responsibility resides with these individuals.
- All Foreign Travel paid from sponsored grants & contracts (fund code "20") must have prior approval of the Office of Sponsored Programs Accounting Administration.
- Delegation of Responsibility for the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost - Deans must secure prior approval of the Provost or the Provost's designee(s) for Foreign Travel. Faculty and staff members in departments within the Provost's immediate budget center must secure prior approval from the Provost or the Provost's designee(s).
- Foreign Travel - Public Service Activities (Federal or State Funds). No foreign travel will be paid from public service activities federal or state funds. Exceptions can be made with written approval of the Vice President for Public Service and Agriculture.
- Responsibility for Reporting of Foreign Travel to the State Budget and Control Board is assigned to the Comptroller’s Office
Refer to CU Department Information on the Procuement Services web site.
FOREIGN TRAVEL FORM