Receiving a Package?
Departments are required to inspect all packages before signing the bottom line.
Why Inspect a Package?
- Inspect for damages.
- Be sure all packages have been received when signing for multiple packages
- By signing you become liable for the items received, returns for damages after signing will be at the Clemson University department’s cost.
What if Package is Damaged?
- Ask the delivery person to take note of the damages on their receiving forms. This will clear you from any additional costs.
- If the delivery person refuses to write down the damages, do not accept the package and return the item to the sender.
Receiving Equipment or Items that require setup?
- Contact Clemson University Receiving Department - Michael T. Evett with the following information:
- Receiving department name
- CU contact person name and phone number
- Company name where good are purchased from
- List of items being delivered
- Approximate delivery date
- Arrange with CU department personnel to direct unloading of items
- Arrange with CU moving crew if necessary
- Arrange with the company to have the necessary personnel to have the items installed or set up.
Mike, Gene or Josh @ 864-656-2092