Who is Dr. Muth?
Eric Muth is a professor in the Department of Psychology. His research interests include eating behavior, weight loss interventions, the physiology and prevention of motion sickness, and stress in high workload environments.
For more information, see his College Profile and Website.
How Dr. Muth’s research is transforming health care
Eric’s current research focuses on weight loss interventions and the treatment of obesity. Along with Adam Hoover in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, he developed the Bite Counter, a wrist-worn device that tracks when the wearer has taken a bite of food.
News and media related to Dr. Muth’s research
- Bits and bites, Glimpse
- Bite Counter on the Peggy Denny Show, YouTube, 9/19/11
- Bite Counter is like a pedometer for your mouth, USA Today, 8/22/11
- New wrist-worn device tracks bites to target obesity epidemic, Smart Planet, 8/11/11
- Can a Bite Counter help you lose weight?, ABC News 8/5/11
- Mindful eating: Researchers are making every bite count, Science Daily, 8/4/11
- ‘Bite Counter’ tracks every bite in your mouth, Time, 8/3/11
- Newest weight loss gadget? Meet the “Bite Counter,” CBS News 8/3/11
- Clemson University researchers are making every bite count, Media Relations, 8/2/11
- Taking the bite out of weight loss, YouTube, 8/1/11
- Dr. Eric Muth on human health and human performance, YouTube, 4/12/11
- Motion sickness a reality in the virtual world, too, Media Relations, 12/14/10
Health Research Expertise Keywords
Psychology, Obesity, Weight Loss, Sports Medicine, Bite Counter, Bite Technologies, Eating, Motion Sickness, Stress