Skip to main content
Health Research News
- Faculty Scholar Rachel Mayo was recently appointed a new member of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee Advisory Committee on Breast Cancer in Young Women. Read more here.
- Faculty Scholar June Pilcher was selected as a Jefferson Science Fellow, a prestigious, government-sponsored fellowship administered by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine. Read more here.
- CUSHR faculty scholar Robin Kowalski was quotes in WalletHub's recent piece about the best and worst states at controlling bullying. Read more here.
- Kerry Smith, the director of EPIC, an interdisciplinary research cooperative with a focus on biomedical research of eukaryotic pathogens, and CUSHR Faculty Scholar, received funding for five years to support his Medical Enrichment Through Opportunities in Research (MEnTOR) program. This is the first training grant at Clemson awarded by the NIH. Read more here.
- Meet the Clemson School of Health Research’s new faculty scholars, click here.
- Clemson University professors Kristin Scott, Jeff Anker and Goutam Koley have been accepted as the newest Clemson University School of Health Research and Prisma Health Faculty Fellows. Read more here.
- CUSHR faculty scholars June Pilcher, Jeff Anker, William Haller, Adam Hoover, Robin Kowalski, Rajendra Bordia, Larry Hodges, Miriam Konkel, James McCubbin, Apparao Rao, Kerry Smith, Lesly Temesvari, Marek Urban and Narendra Vyavahare were among those who have received significant national and international recognition – Read more here.
- Faculty scholar Lori Dickes was appointed as the first associate chair of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management. Read more here.
- Among the 15 patents issued to Clemson University researchers in 2017 were technologies for monitoring and controlling electric power systems, Cartesian robotic printers, lockable knee implants and composite membranes for hydrogen separation. Faculty scholars John DesJardins, Eric Muth and Ramakrishna Podila were among those who received patents. Read more here.
- Watch CUSHR Faculty Scholar Rachel Mayo’s about what inspires her research. Learn more here.
- Faculty Scholar Marissa Shuffler received the National Science Foundation’s Faculty Early Career Development Program grant. Shuffler will use the award to help identify factors and design interventions that will improve teamwork across multiple disciplines. Read more here.
- Clemson University has been building its research prowess. For decades, Clemson has worked to become a top research institution. Read more here.
- New treatments for potentially fatal heart conditions could be ready for patients more quickly and less expensively with the help of a new research project led by Ethan Kung, an assistant professor of mechanical engineering. Read more here.
- Clemson University researchers teamed up with Prisma Health-Upstate doctors and Upstate Warrior Solution and Veterans Administration professionals to advance an innovative collaboration to bring peace and stability to the lives of combat veterans. Read more here
- SC-TRIMH Junior Investigator Hugo Sanabria was one of several Clemson University faculty members recognized by the Board of Trustees with an Award for Excellence. Read more here.