Faculty Spotlight: Rob Knoeppel
Educational LeadershipWhat colleges did you attend as a student?
B.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, MEd University of Virginia, PhD University of Virginia
At which schools/colleges/universities have you taught?
Adjunct faculty at University of Virginia and George Mason University, full time faculty member at University of Kentucky and Clemson University
What is the best thing about your job?
I love my job at Clemson! I have amazing colleagues and our students are dedicated educators. I really enjoy working with them.Describe some of your current research projects.
I have several projects underway. I am extremely interested in school finance and the alignment of resources to educational outcome goals. I’m working on a study of the school finance distribution model in South Carolina, I’m studying the impact of Act 388 and school finance in South Carolina with specific attention to the elasticity of sales and property taxes, and finally, I’m working on a study that applies the equity statistics of school finance to student performance in an attempt to better understand progress toward providing students with equality of educational opportunity.Tell us about your family.
I have a yellow lab named Cooper Please list your favorite(s).
- Hobby: Swimming, hiking, watching college sports
- Book: The Great Santini
- Movie: A River Runs Through It
- Electronic gadget: Not in to electronic gadgets
- Vacation destination: Outer Banks of North Carolina
- Music or musical genera: All music
- Previously owned vehicle: Ford Explorer
- Influential person: Three important mentors in my career: Janie Clark Lindle, Deborah Verstegen and Blake Haselton
- Person with whom you would like to have a conversation: Dean Smith
- Thing that makes you smile: Taking Cooper to the lake for a swim
- Advice received: Don’t wish your life away; enjoy every minute.
- Advice to give: Never say no to an opportunity.