Mary T. Haque
167 Poole Agricultural Center
Course Description: Woody ornamental plants and their aesthetic uses
in the landscape. The study covers habit of growth, ultimate size, texture,
period of bloom, color, cultural requirements and identification.
Credits: 3 hours of
Course Objectives: To
study the identification, habit of growth, hardiness, texture, ultimate size,
period of bloom and culture of landscape plants. To study the aesthetic
and functional use of landscape plants.
- Large Trees - Evergreen and Deciduous
- Small trees - Evergreen and Deciduous
- Shrubs 6-12' - Evergreen and
- Shrubs 4-6' - Evergreen and Deciduous
- Shrubs 1-4' - Evergreen and Deciduous
- Vines-Evergreen and Deciduous
- Ground Covers - Evergreens and
Lecture will be presented
with use of slides. Students will be responsible for material in lecture
and from the book.
(All tests will be written)