Many libraries have rooms and spaces named in honor of people who have made generous donations. Several naming opportunities are available in the Clemson Libraries. To recognize your contribution, signs that contain the donor’s name or that of an honoree will be placed in prominent places either inside or at an entrance to the room.
Six premium spaces are available for donations beginning at $100,000. Several smaller spaces—group study rooms, small meeting rooms, and offices—can also be named.
- Reference Room
- On the eastern side of the main level, the Reference Room contains the Reference Desk and the Reference Collection. It contains public computer stations and is a high-traffic area.
- Current Periodicals Room
- Located on the western side of the main level, the Current Periodicals Room contains issues of more than 3,500 journals and magazines.
- 2nd Floor Instruction Lab
- This classroom is equipped with 25 computer stations so that students can get hands-on training with electronic tools needed to complete research assignments. Each semester, more than 2,500 students receive instruction in this room.
- Library Conference Room
- As the library’s main meeting area, the Library Conference Room is used for meetings of librarians and staff.
- Reserves and Media Room:
- This room contains microforms and audio-visual media. It also has areas for students to sit and read, reader printers for microform materials, and a media lab of audio-visual equipment.
- 3rd Floor Smart Classroom
- This “smart” classroom is equipped with a variety of visual and computer media options that enable librarians to demonstrate research tools to classes in all disciplines.
If you are interested in these naming opportunities, please contact Donna Dant, Director of Development.