What is the Library Leadership Board?
The purpose of the Library Leadership Board is to assist the Dean of the Libraries in maintaining and enhancing the excellence of the Clemson University Libraries.
In this role, the board members have the following functions in assisting the Dean:
- To transmit the mission, accomplishments, needs and aspirations;
- To represent the needs, interests, and capacities of the community;
- To assist with fundraising and development activities on behalf of the Library;
- To advocate for special causes and needs of the Library to external constituencies; and
- To aid with collaborative projects.
The Library Leadership Board is responsible for:
- Attending and participating in board meetings;
- Understanding the mission, functions, and services of the Library;
- Sharing personal expertise and contacts for the benefit of the Library;
- Being advocates for the Library within the University and externally with business, community, legislature, and other constituencies;
- Initiating relationships that result in business/Clemson University Libraries partnerships (including opening doors);
- Assisting in the recruitment of new members; and
- Providing personal financial support according to the Board’s giving guidelines.
The Library Leadership Board
|Todd ('91) & Shannon (’91) Ballew
|Scott Brannock ('08)
|Ernie (’55) & Pat Briel
|Paul Halphen ('10)
|Kathy Hunter ('80)
|Thomas McGuire ('12)
||Myrtle Beach, SC
|Jerry & Edmee Reel
|Biff (’73) Sowell
|W.L. "Buddy" Warnock ('76)