Everything in this toolkit is for both Android and iOS development unless specifically noted otherwise.
- Use Clemson ID to create Apple and Android IDs for Clemson development
- Name development devices with UserID or project name for tracking purposes (iOS)
- Initial submission and updates must go through CCIT Mobile Development Process
- All contact with the Mobile Innovation Team should be through email@example.com
CCIT Responsibilities in Managing Apple account
- Manage development team for all of Clemson University
- Enroll developers and provision devices
- Determine size of development team
- Send each developer an invitation to join the team via Apple's portal
- Add each developer's device to the portal
- Developer certificate request for each developer
- Onboarding of developer, setting up their coding environment and standard processes
- Create App ID for each app to be developed
- Create Subversion Repository for each app and tie developers to that repository
- Create Distribution Provisioning profile for each app
- Optional additional configuration for each app (Push Notifications, iCloud, PassKit, Data Protection)
- Provide each developer with Clemson University's Distribution Certificate and password to build app for distribution in the Apple iTunes store
- Training on how to build and install apps on device
Benefits to Developer
- Published under Clemson University.
- Branding and trademark verified.
- Reporting provided to developer on number app downloads via iTunes
- Ease of submission. We know the process and do it for you.
- Team knowledgeable of mobile trends and updates.
- Email reports of downloads and a login to view complete reports
Projects will be evaluated and charged according to estimated design and development time. Please keep in mind that even a basic app will cost $3500 or more.