Recertification is required of all fully certified OBPP Trainers/Consultants (including Olweus Technical Assistance Consultants) every three years to keep pace with new bullying prevention research, OBPP training and consultation modifications, and OBPP model expansion.
How does the recertification process work?
A list of online recertification modules can be found on the Trainers Only section of our website (OBPP Recertification Tab). Successful completion of modules totaling 20 units is required for recertification (National, Single Site, and Consultant). The number of units offered for each module varies. An assessment follows each online module; trainers must complete the assessment with 80% accuracy. In addition to the online modules, credit may be earned for attendance at Olweus Trainers Day at the International Bullying Prevention Association (IBPA) Conference, attendance at the IBPA conference itself, and pre-approved meetings of an Olweus Trainer's state network. State Leaders must obtain approval for such meetings (and the # of recertification units offered) before the event is held. Please check with your State Leader to see if a meeting has been submitted for approval.
What is the cost and length of recertification period?
The cost of OBPP Trainer/Consultant recertification is $375. This includes access to all online modules; again, a total combination of 20 units are required to renew your current level of certification. Recertification lasts for three years (from the end date of your current certification period) and expires on December 31st of the third year..
What do I need to do to initiate and complete the recertification process?
1. Visit our CU Marketplace link in order to pay and register for recertification.
2. After your payment is processed through CU Marketplace, Lydia Arneson will receive automatic notification of your payment and registration. Within 5 business days, you will receive an email notification from www.olweustraining.com with a user name, a temporary password, and a link to the online system.
3. Online, you will have access to a video tutorial that will provide information you need to navigate the website and complete your recertification. If you have technical difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Please print out and save a copy of each “certificate of completion” as proof of your successful completion of each module.
5. Upon earning a total combination of 20 units, please send to Lydia Arneson: (a) a completed “OBPP Trainer/Consultant Recertification Record” (available on the Trainers Only portion of the website), and (b) a copy of each online module “certificate of completion" or your transcript indicating all successfully completed modules. Upon verification of completion of 20 units, a new certificate of OBPP certification will be mailed to you.
6. If you have any questions about the logistics of the recertification process, please do not hesitate to contact Lydia Arneson, email@example.com or 864-656-6712.
Note: Even after you are recertified, it is important that you continue to submit Progress Reports for all school committees for which you provide training and consultation. If you are asked to provide OBPP training and consultation in a country in which you do not reside, note that permission for conducting training in other countries must first be obtained from OBPP, U.S. at Clemson University.