Skip to main content

State Authorization

Clemson University offers online courses and programs to a wide array of students including those living on campus to those located at a distance. Clemson University is a member of NC-SARA (National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements), meaning we share a reciprocity agreement to offer online courses and programs with the other NC-SARA states. To determine whether you live in an NC-SARA state review the NC-SARA map here. If you don’t see your state listed as NC-SARA approved state, more states are coming on board quickly. Also, Clemson University has also gained state authorization approval in the remaining states that are not NC-SARA members.

Clemson University is also a participating member of the Southern Regional Education Board’s Electronic Campus.

Clemson University has been approved by the State of South Carolina to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. Clemson University is also a participating member of the southern Regional Education board’s Electronic Campus.

States in which Clemson University is authorized to offer online courses and programs

Student complaint procedures

Clemson students residing outside the state of South Carolina who desire to resolve a grievance are encouraged to follow Clemson's complaint procedures. If you have a complaint and would like to contact the appropriate agency in the state where you reside, click on your state below for the contact information. If you are unable to resolve the complaint through Clemson’s process, the South Carolina’s Commission for Higher Education Student Complaint Procedures and form are provided. The state links are not for complaints regarding student grades or conduct violations. Those types of complaints are governed entirely through Clemson’s complaint procedures.

  • ec-logo
  • sara-logo


Clemson University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at the following address and/or phone number for questions about Clemson University Accreditation.

Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-409