Family Weekend Registration & Schedule
Below is information and the schedule of events for 2014 Family Weekend at Clemson. If you have any specific questions or need more information, please call New Student and Family Programs at 864-656-4402 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for a schedule-at-a-glance for weekend activities and events.
UPDATE: The Tiger needs to keep his coat dry and will not be at Howard's Rock Sunday morning. He'll be sorry to miss you! But you will still have access to take photos at 11am at The Rock. Remember to bring your own camera.
You will receive a complete schedule at check-in, which includes more events and activities, both on and off campus. If you are unable to check-in on Friday, you can check in before the Tailgate on Saturday or at the Brunch on Sunday. Remember that your student can check-in for the family.
Parking info for Friday and Sunday: All registered families will receive a parking pass by email on or about October 7.
- Parking on-campus during the day Friday is in Lot P-4 (near Jervey Athletic Center) with shuttle service to Hendrix Student Center.
- There is ample parking at Campus Beach for Family Fest on Friday evening.
- Parking on-campus Sunday is in Lot E-1, in front of Hendrix Student Center.
- NOTE: There is no overnight parking permitted on-campus during the weekend.
THERE IS NO PARKING PROVIDED FOR GAME DAY; the University policies for game day parking can be viewed at Football Parking Information. In particular, view the links under Parking Maps on that page. Also, for helpful and fun info, take a look at the Clemson Tigers website and visit the tab "Inside Athletics", then select Visitor's Guide.
How to register for Family Weekend
- Registration and tickets are required for Family Weekend events.
- There are several options to be a part of Family Weekend:
- Orange Package ($52) - includes tickets and access to all events listed below during the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Purple Package ($35) - includes tickets and access to events on Friday and Saturday only
- Individual tickets to Family Fest, Game Day Tailgate or Sunday Brunch ($20 each)
- There is also the opportunity to purchase additional Family Weekend items and events:
- Tote bag ($12)
- Friday lunch in any Dining Hall ($5)
- Bus shuttle service on Saturday ($25 per person). The bus is sold out; no additional tickets are available.
- Take a look below at the events and activities for each day and decide which package is best for you.
- Each member in your party, including your student, is required to have a ticket.
- Remember - football tickets must be purchased through Athletics. Call 1-800-CLEMSON or visit clemsontigers.com.
Events and Activities included in Packages - Friday October 10
- Check-in Hendrix Student Center 10:00 a.m. - 4 p.m. Pick up your weekend schedule and tickets to Family Weekend events purchased through us. If you will not be on campus, your student can check in for the family.
- Clemson History & Traditions (a) 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. or (b) 2-3 p.m. Join us for an informational session about Clemson University that is sure to make you an even bigger fan.
- Campus Tours available, beginning at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. Meet at the Hendrix Student Center Guest Services Desk on the 2nd floor to start a fun and fact-filled tour of campus.
- Lunch in dining halls 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Consider joining your student in either Harcombe or Schilletter Dining Hall, two of the main eateries on campus. NOTE: If your student has a meal plan, s/he won't need a ticket. This is an additional item you can purchase for $5.
- Calhoun Mansion Tours available in the afternoon. No pre-registration required.
- Consider a visit to the South Carolina Botanical Garden. Lots to see and do. Free admission to all; open every day dawn to dusk.
- Academic College drop-in receptions 3-5 p.m. Join your student at this reception to learn more about the exciting opportunities that the Clemson University academic experience can offer. Each reception is hosted by the Dean of that academic college; light refreshments will be served: (a) College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities; (b) Canceled - College of Health, Education and Human Development; (c) College of Agriculture, Forestry & Life Science; (d) College of Business & Behavioral Science; (e) College of Engineering & Science for General Engineering majors; and (f) College of Engineering & Science for Mathematical Sciences majors.
- LGBTQ Friends and Family drop-in reception 5-6 p.m. This reception is for the members of our campus community who identify as Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender and Queer, along with their allies, friends and family. Join us for a fun-filled social to mix and mingle!
- CONNECTIONS reception 5-6 p.m. This is a great time for mentors, mentees and their families to socialize with new friends you've made or reconnect with those you've missed over the summer.
- Family Fest at Campus Beach and Recreation Area, 6-9 p.m. Get ready for fun at the beach on Lake Hartwell. The second annual Family Fest will kick off Family Weekend with a lively cookout, lake activities and bonfire. Come watch the sunset over the lake and make some lasting Clemson Family memories.
- Is your student a member of Calhoun Honors College? If so, there is an informal, drop-in reception planned for 4-5:30 p.m. in Holmes Hall Honors Academic Activities Center. Pre-registration is required at the Honors College website. For more information, call 864-656-4762.
Events and Activities included in Packages - Saturday October 11
- Check-in at Fike Recreation Center beginning at 9 a.m.
- Bus service from Greenville Hilton in Greenville to/from Clemson campus. This service is provided on Saturday only. Why stress about finding game-day parking when traveling from Greenville? Leave the driving to us. Depart Greenville at 11:30 a.m., four hours prior to game time kick-off. Drop off on campus will be near Fike Recreation Center. Busses will depart Clemson approximately 1-1/2 hours after the game ends (same pickup location as drop off). Seating is limited. This is an additional item you can purchase for $25 per person.
- Tailgate at Fike Recreation Center. Put on your orange and get ready to see the Tigers face the Cardinals in Death Valley. Join Parents' Council in Fike Recreation Center for a tailgate lunch sure to please your entire family, with food, fun and games for everyone to enjoy. The tailgate begins 3 hours prior to kick-off, 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch is Southern BBQ, sides, tea and water.
- Parent's Council is unable to provide parking for Family Weekend registrants on Saturday. All visitors to campus on game-day must follow established parking rules and park in designated lots.
- Before and/or after the game will be time for your own family events and activities!
Events and Activities - Sunday October 12
- Check-in at Hendrix Student Center beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Parents' Council Brunch at Hendrix Student Center, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Choose to bring the whole family to a wonderful close to 2014 Family Weekend by joining us for a Sunday Brunch. Reminisce about the game, have that morning cup of coffee and relive the memories.
- Howard's Rock Photo Opportunity with the Clemson University Tiger Mascot 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. (bring your own camera). Grab the camera and get ready to rub the rock and meet the Tiger Mascot before saying your goodbyes. What could be better than a classic photo op to commemorate 2014 Family Weekend?
- Calhoun Mansion tours available in the afternoon. No pre-registration required.
- Consider a visit to the South Carolina Botanical Garden. Lots to see and do. Free admission to all; open dawn to dusk every day.
Family Weekend T-Shirt and Tote
- The 2014 Family Weekend tote bag is a generous 17" x 14"; cost is $12.
- The 2014 Family Weekend t-shirt is purple (as shown) or orange; cost is $15. T-shirts are pre-shrunk 100% cotton.
- Update: There will be a limited number of totes and t-shirts available for purchase on site.
- Available only through Family Weekend registration!
Helpful Info for You
- If you need to make additional purchases, you may revisit the registration program. We ask that you enter the same email address to allow us to put all of your purchases together for check-in.
- Merchandise and tickets for Family Weekend events will NOT be mailed to you. All purchases (tickets and merchandise) will be available for pick-up at Family Weekend check-in sites.
- Refunds may be requested prior to noon on October 3, 2014 by calling 864-656-4402. There will be no refunds provided for any purchase after this deadline.
- T-shirts are available for sale through September 22nd. There will be a limited number of t-shirts available for purchase on site.
- For a quick look at the events and activities for the weekend, click here for a schedule-at-a-glance.