- NIH Postdoctoral Fellow (Growth Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, 1981-1984)
- PhD: General Experimental Psychology (University of Connecticut, 1981)
- MA: General Experimental Psychology (University of Connecticut, 1979)
- BA: Philosophy (Pennsylvania State University, 1975)
- BS: Psychology (Pennsylvania State University, 1975)
- Ecological, ethological and evolutionary psychology
- Eyewitness testimony
- Food preferences, aversion and sharing
- Human memory
- Alley, T. R., & Potter, K. A. (2011). Food neophobia and sensation seeking. Pp. 707- 724 in V. R. Preedy, R. R. Watson & C. R. Martin (eds.), Handbook of Behavior, Food and Nutrition. Springer.
- Alley, T. R. (2012). Contaminated and uncontaminated feeding influence perceived intimacy in mixed-sex dyads. Appetite, 58: 1041-1045.
- Alley, T. R., & Greene, M. E. (2008). The relative and perceived impact of irrelevant speech, vocal music and non-vocal music on working memory. Current Psychology, 27(4): 277-289.
- Alley, T. R., & Passinos-Coffman, T. (2006). Are judgments of linear size more accurate when based on an affordance? Ecological Psychology, 18 (4), 243-255.
- Alley, T. R., & Schultheis, J. A. (2001). Is facial skin tone sufficient to produce a cross-racial identification effect? Perceptual and Motor Skills, 92, 1191-1198.
- Alley, T. R. (2000). A laser-based technique for measuring accuracy and distortion in judgements of linear dimensions. Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, 32(2), 334-338.
- Alley, R. L. & Alley, T. R. (1998). The influence of physical state and color on perceived sweetness. Journal of Psychology, 132(5), 561-568.
- Sarno, J. A., & Alley, T. R. (1997). Attractiveness and memorability of faces: Only a matter of distinctiveness? American Journal of Psychology, 110(1), 81-92.
- Associate Editor: Human Ethology Bulletin
- Consulting Editor: Ecological Psychology
- Vice-President: International Society for Human Ethology
- Association for Psychological Science
- Behavioral and Brain Sciences Associate
- Human Behavior and Evolution Society
- International Society for Ecological Psychology
- International Society for Human Ethology
- Psychonomic Society
- PSYCH 201 & H201: Introduction to Psychology
- PSYCH 333: Cognitive Psychology
- PSYCH 334: Cognitive Psychology Laboratory
- PSYCH H390: Psychology of Eating
- PSYCH 422 & H422: Sensation and Perception
- PSYCH 423: Sensation and Perception Laboratory
- PSYCH 823: Perception, Cognition & Technology
- PSYCH 833: Advanced Cognitive Psychology