Office: 379 Sirrine
- PhD: Biopsychology (University of Chicago, 1978)
- BA: Psychology (UCLA, 1969)
- Brain mechanisms involved in feeding behavior and body weight regulation
- King, B. M. (2013). The modern obesity epidemic, ancestral hunter-gatherers, and the sensory/reward control of food intake. American Psychologist, 68, 88-96.
- King, B. M. (2012). The need for school-based comprehensive sexuality education: Some reflections after 32 years teaching sexuality to college students. American Journal of Sexuality Education, 7, 181-186.
- King, B. M., Primeaux, S. D., Zadeh, M. L., de Gruiter, J. E., Plant, J. D., Ferguson, A. V., & Bray, G. A. (2011). Olfactory bulbectomy impairs the feeding response to 2-deoxy-D-glucose in rats. Brain Research, 1367, 207-212.
- King, B. M. (2010). Point: A call for proper usage of “gender” and “sex” in biomedical publications [Editorial]. American Journal of Physiology, 298, R1700-R1701.
- Pankey, E. A., Shurley, M. R., & King, B. M. (2008). A re-examination of septal lesion-induced weight gain in female rats. Physiology & Behavior, 93, 8-12.
- King, B. M. (2006). Amygdaloid lesion-induced obesity: Relation to sexual behavior, olfaction, and the ventromedial hypothalamus [Invited Review]. American Journal of Physiology, 291, R1201-R1214.
- King, B. M. (2006). The rise, fall, and resurrection of the ventromedial hypothalamus in the regulation of feeding behavior and body weight [Invited Review]. Physiology & Behavior, 87, 221-244.
- King, B. M., Rosopa, P. J., & Minium, E. W. (2011). Statistical Reasoning in the Behavioral Sciences (6th ed.). New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- King, B. M., & Regan, P. C. (2014). Human Sexuality Today (8th ed.). Upper saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
Awards and Honors:
- Fellow: Association for Psychological Sciences (previously American Psychological Society)
- Fellow: American Psychological Association
- Fellow: International Behavioral Neuroscience Society
- Honorary Member: Golden Key National Honor Society
- University Research Professor (University of New Orleans honorary title)
- Seraphia D. Leyda University Teaching Fellow (University of New Orleans honorary title)
- UNO Alumni Association Excellence in Teaching Award
- Association of Psychological Science
- American Psychological Association
- International Behavioral Neuroscience Society
- Society for the Scientific Study of Ingestive Behavior
- PSYCH 306: Human Sexual Behavior
- PSYCH 309: Introduction to Experimental Psychology