Phone: (864) 656-4376
Office: 312-K Brackett Hall
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: National Crime Victims Research & Treatment Center (Medical University of South Carolina, 2007 – 2008)
- PhD: Clinical Psychology (University of Georgia, 2007)
- Predoctoral Internship: Medical University of South Carolina and Department of Veterans Affairs Consortium (2005-2006)
- MS: Clinical Psychology (University of Georgia, 2005)
- BS: Psychology (Duke University, 1998)
- Cultural, cognitive, and contextual factors related to psychological symptomatology among trauma-exposed individuals
- Enhancing empirically supported treatments for trauma victims
- Violence and mental health among women, military personnel, and marginalized populations
- Risk factors and interventions for adult survivors of sexual assault, interpersonal violence, combat, disaster, and losing a loved one to homicide
- Zinzow, H., Resnick, H., Amstadter, A., McCauley, J., Ruggiero, K., & Kilpatrick, D. (in press). Drug and alcohol-facilitated, incapacitated, and forcible rape in relation to mental health among a national sample of women. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Zinzow, H., & Jackson, J. L. (2009). Attributions for different types of traumatic events and posttraumatic stress among women. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment, & Trauma, 18(5), 499-515.
- Zinzow, H., Rheingold, A., Hawkins, A., Saunders, B., & Kilpatrick, D. (2009). Losing a loved one to homicide: Prevalence and mental health correlates in a national sample of young adults. The Journal of Traumatic Stress, 22(1), 20-27.
- Zinzow, H., Ruggiero, K., Resnick, H., Hanson, R., Smith, D., Saunders, B., & Kilpatrick, D. (2009). Prevalence and mental health correlates of witnessed parental and community violence in a national sample of adolescents. Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry, 50(4), 441-450.
- Zinzow, H., Grubaugh, A. L., Frueh, B. C., & Magruder, K. (2008). Sexual assault, mental health, and service use among male and female veterans seen in Veterans Affairs primary care clinics: A multi-site study. Psychiatry Research, 159, 226-236.
- Zinzow, H., Grubaugh, A., Monnier, J., Suffoletta-Maierle, S., & Frueh, B. C. (2007). Trauma among female veterans: A critical review. Trauma, Violence, & Abuse, 8(4), 384-400.
Awards and Honors:
- Herbert Zimmer Research Scholar Award (University of Georgia, 2007)
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (2007)
- Dissertation Completion Award (University of Georgia, 2006)
- University-Wide Fellowship (University of Georgia, 2002)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- American Psychological Association
- PSYCH 480: Health Psychology
- PSYCH 488: Theories of Psychotherapy
- PSYCH 493: Practicum in Clinical Psychology