- PhD: Industrial/Organizational Psychology (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1988)
- MS: Industrial/Organizational Psychology (Lamar University, 1982)
- BA: Psychology (University of Texas at Austin, 1975)
- Dynamic judgment and decision-making
- Judgment and motivation
- Team training
- Quantitative research methods
- Muth, E. R., & Switzer, F. S. (2008). Training effectiveness and evaluation. In Schmorrow, D., Cohn, J., & Nicholson, D. The PSI Handbook of Virtual Environments for Training and Education: Developments for the Military and Beyond. Praeger Security International, Westport, CT.
- Muth, E. R., & Switzer, F. S. III, (2008). Internet-based assessment of bowel symptoms and quality of life. European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 20(6), 503-505.
- Tyrrell, R. A., Balk, S. A., Switzer, F. S. III, & Brooks, J. O. (2008). Effects of tire pressure monitoring systems on tire pressures in consumer vehicles. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board.
- Broughton, K, Switzer, F., & Scott, D. (2007) Car-Following Decisions Under Three visibility Conditions and Two Speeds Tested With a Driving Simulator. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 39, 106-116.
- McCubbin, J.A., Helfer, S.G., Switzer, F.S., Galloway, C., Griffith, W.V. (2006) Opioid Analgesia in Persons at Risk for Hypertension. Psychosomatic Medicine, 68, 116-120.
- Roth, P.L., Bobko, P. & Switzer, F.S. (2006) Modeling the Behavior of the 4/5ths Rule for Determining Adverse Impact: Reasons for Caution and the Role of Significance Tests. Journal of Applied Psychology, 91(3), 507-522.
- Department of Defense
Awards and Honors:
- Past President, Clemson University Faculty Senate
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Academy of Management
- Association for Psychological Science
- Judgement and Decision-Making Society
- PSYCH 201: Introductory Psychology
- PSYCH 310: Research Methods
- PSYCH 862: Organizational Psychology
- PSYCH 863: Work Motivation