Many of our students presented their research at the Human Factors and Ergonomics Annual Meeting in San Antonio TX.
US Army Psychological Health and Resilience Research Program: Occupational Health Psychology in the Military
MAJ Jeffrey L. Thomas, Ph.D.
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
10/23/09 at 1:30 pm in 419 Brackett
The next Human Factors Discussion Group meeting will be this Friday, 9/25, at 2:30 in the Psychology Conference Room, 419 Brackett Hall.
Scott McIntyre, Nicole Fink, & Margaux Price will practice their posters/presentations for HFES.
This Friday will be a 5-Minute MADNESS of Research. The six first year HF students will present on a variety of cutting edge research topics. However, they only have 5 slides and 5 minutes (cue dramatic music!). In addition, they will have 2-3 minutes for discussion and questions afterwards. The presenter and topics are:
- Richard Goodenough: Using inertial measurement units to measure head movements made during a simulated driving task
- Lindsay Long: Reclaiming the Claims Process: GMAC Insurance (the results of a usability study conducted earlier)
- Scott McIntyre: Fatigue and Eye Tracking Measures in a Vigilance Task Detecting Brake Lamps
- Margaux Price: Conducting a Needs Assessment for Personal Electronic Health Records
- Rachel Rosenberg: Product Safety & Liability in Human Factors
- Linnea Smolentzov: Linnea will discuss an interesting article on the presentation of health statistics
The first Human Factors Discussion Group meeting will be next Friday, 8/28, at 2:30 in the Psychology Conference Room, 419 Brackett Hall.
Scott and Rachel will talk about what they did over the summer.
Looking ahead, here is what’s coming up. Let me know if you have something for discussion group, so I can start filling in the rest of the semester.
9/4, Reeve & Linnea, “What I did during the summer”
9/11, Lindsay & Margaux, “What I did during the summer”
9/18, Eric, “What I did during the past 15 months”