FAQ for Undergrads

Where is the Department of Psychology located?

Brackett Hall, third and fourth floors. The main department office is in Room 418.

Who is the Chair of the Department?

Dr. Pat Raymark is the Department Chair.

Who are the Undergraduate Program Coordinators?

Dr. Cindy Pury and Dr. Pam Alley

Who should I see if I am considering applying to a graduate program?

Dr. Ned Brainerd

Who is the Graduate Program Coordinator for Clemson’s master’s and doctoral programs?

Dr. Bob Sinclair

Who is the advisor for the Psychology Club?

Dr. Heidi Zinzow

Who is the advisor for Psi Chi?

Dr. Robert Campbell

How do I find out who my departmental academic advisor is?

Primary academic advisors should appear in iROAR at the top of your Degree Works. They might also appear under View Student Information. Both are linked under the Student Records tab in iROAR. This is the person who will need to clear you for registration.

If psychology is your second major or second degree, consult the list posted on the department bulletin boards or emailed to you prior to advising.

Where do freshman majors go for course registration in November?

In their first semester at Clemson, freshmen psychology majors are advised in the CBBS Academic Advising Center in Sirrine Hall.

Who is the advisor for honors students in Psychology?

Dr. Tom Alley

Where do I go to obtain forms for Change of Academic Program, Approval of Course Work to be Taken Elsewhere, Course Substitutions, Double Majors, etc.?


I’m taking a course at another school or studying abroad and I need to get a Psychology course approved. What do I do?

Print and complete the appropriate form found at http://www.registrar.clemson.edu/html/forms.htm. Then print the course description from the course catalog of institution you will be attending, attach it to the form, and put it in Dr. Pury’s mailbox in Brackett 413. She will email you when it has been completed and is ready for you to pick up.

Where do I go to obtain information on transfer credits from other institutions?

Go to the Transfer Admissions Office in 105 Sikes Hall.

How do I change into the Psychology major?

Follow the instructions on the Psychology Change of Major page.

How do I change out of the Psychology major?

Contact your assigned psychology academic advisor.

Where can I get information and application materials for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)?

Please visit the ETS GRE Website at http://www.ets.org/gre/.

Is there a minimal GPR requirement for students desiring to change their major to Psychology?

Yes, a GPR of 2.4 or higher is required to become a psychology major.

Do I have to have a 2.0 GPR in my psychology courses to graduate?

No, but you are required to have an overall 2.0 in all course work taken at Clemson in order to graduate.

If I receive a “D” in a psychology course, do I have to take the course over?

A “D” is considered a passing grade, and the course does NOT have to be retaken.

If a course counts towards my minor can I also count it toward my major?

Courses that satisfy a major requirement can also be used to fill a minor requirement unless it involves a Psychology (PSYC) course. If you take a PSYC course for your minor, it will not count toward the major but it can count toward the minor.

I’m interested in graduate school in psychology. What do I do?

See the Advice About Graduate Study in Psychology page.