Determination of ADF-N -- Bound Protein
- ADS - see page 20 for ADF determination.
Apparatus - see page 20.
- Weigh out 0.500 g sample into a filter bag.
- Use procedure for ADF determination (page 20).
- Dry in oven at 100oC.
- Place filter bag with sample into digestion tube. Run a blank (an empty filter bag) before the sample. Determine % N by following Kjeldahl procedure (page 12) with this exception: add 3 Kjeltab tablets and 18 mL H2S04.
- Distill sample using procedure (page 14). (Press Blank Value on control unit before running blank. This will automatically subtract the blank value from the samples.)
- Record values with two decimals.
- %N = 14.01 X N H2S04 X (mL acid used - mL acid for blank)/(sample wt (g) x 10)