Determination of % Ash
- MUFFLE FURNACE
- PORCELAIN CRUCIBLES
- Weigh crucible and record weight to 4 decimal places.
- Weigh approximately 2 g into crucible.
- Record weight to 4 decimal places.
- Ash sample at 600oC for 2 h. (Bring temperature rapidly to 600)
- Cool in desiccator and weigh within 1 h after reaching room temperature.
- Weigh ashed sample and record weight to 4 decimal places.
- Calculate % Ash and record value with one decimal.
- % ASH = ((ashed wt.) - (crucible wt.)) x 100/((crucible and sample wt.) - (crucible wt.))
- St. John (1939), JOACI,XXII, 630.