Scopes of Organic Certification: Crop, Livestock, and Handling/Processing
Initial Organic Certification:
- Certification Fee (Non-refundable) $750
All-inclusive flat fee for initial certification.
Organic Certification Continuation:
- Application fee (Non-refundable) $200
- Gross Organic Sales Assessment 0.5% of gross organic sales (previous calendar year)
Total certification costs are capped at a maximum of $7500
Organic Certification (Exempt Operation) <$5000 annually:
- Certification fee (Non-refundable) $200
• Postage and handling of unsigned or incomplete applications….Actual cost
• Copies of official documents…………….Greater of $5 or $0.25/page
• Out of state travel…………………Mileage and expenses at the IRS rate
Late Fees for Organic Certification Continuation:
• Update applications and fees are due at the Clemson University office no later than March 1st. Any update applications and fees that are submitted after this time period will be charged a $100.00 late fee.
Last Updated: January 2015