Requirements for Licensed Applicators
- Who must be recertified?
- All certified pesticide applicators (private, commercial, non-commercial) must earn a required number of recertification (CEU's) every five years.
- When must I be recertified?
- Recertification blocks run in 5 year time periods. You must be recertified within the appropriate 5 year block. Commercial and non-commercial applicators must obtain recertification CEU's between January 1st, 2014 and December 31st, 2018. Private applicators must obtain recertification CEU's between January 1st, 2015 and December 31st, 2019.
- How do I get recertified?
- Attend DPR approved training sessions, courses, or complete online credit courses over the 5 year period, and accumulate the required number of CEU's.
- Pass a written examination given by the DPR at specified exam sessions in the last year of the 5 year block.
- Commercial and non-commercial applicators can see category specific CEU requirements listed here.
- Private applicators must accumulate 5 CEU's for their respective 5 year recertification block.