27-1078. Certification and Licensing of Commercial Applicators
N. Recertification periods for commercial applicators are five (5) year periods, beginning
January 1st of 1994 and ending on December 31st of 1998, 2003, 2008, and every five (5) years thereafter. During each recertification period after the one in which the license is issued each Commercial Applicator must accumulate no less than the number of Continuing Certification Units CEUs specified below for each category in which they are licensed, up to a maximum of 24 CEUs. Alternatively the applicator may complete the initial licensing requirements and re-apply to the Director for a license.
(1) All courses of study for which CEUs are requested must be submitted to the Department at least fifteen business days in advance of the date of the training. On-line, correspondence, or other self-study programs must be submitted for approval at least fifteen business days before being offered to participants. Submission of a program to the Department does not guarantee that it will receive CEUs.
(2) CEUs will be awarded as either category-specific or core-competency CEUs. Licensed applicators in categories in which licensing is mandatory must accumulate category-specific CEUs as indicated below before renewing their licenses. Licensed applicators holding certification in more than one category in which licensing is mandatory must accumulate the required number of category-specific CEUs for each mandatory category, up to a maximum of 24, as above.
(3) Once the required number of category-specific CEUs has been accumulated, either core-competency CEUs or additional category-specific CEUs may be used to fulfill the remaining CCU requirements.
(4) The Department will award CEUs based on its evaluation of the content of the course of study.
(5) Applicators certified in Category 7A must accumulate 20 CEUs in each recertification period, no less than 12 of which must be specific to Category 7A.
(6) Applicators certified in Category 7B must accumulate 10 CEUs in each recertification period, no less than 3 of which must be specific to Category 7B.
(7) Applicators certified in Category 3, 5, or 8 must accumulate 10 CEUs in each recertification period, no less than 3 of which must be specific to each category.
(8) Applicators certified in other categories must accumulate 10 CEUs in each recertification period.
(9) Applicators may obtain no more than one-half of the total number of required category-specific CEUs and no more than one-half of the core-competency CEUs during the last year of any recertification block. Applicators may “carry over” to the next recertification block any CEUs they obtain in excess of the minimum required, both category-specific and core-competency, during the final year of any recertification block.