Space Camps at PARI
Clemson University Science Outreach Center and PARI Space Camps
TOGETHER LIKE BINARY STARS!
Clemson University and the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute have partnered to create new Summer Research Experiences.
- Explore the universe with state-of-the-art STEM technology, including NASA built radio telescopes, research-grade optical telescopes, and one of the world’s largest archives of astronomical data
- Conduct independent and group research under the mentorship of astronomers and scientists. Campers will earn an official research certificate and will have their work published in PARI’s summer research proceedings, with an opportunity to submit their work to a regional conference
- Tour cutting edge astronomy research labs at Clemson University and hear guest speakers share their experiences working in space science
- Stargaze under world-class dark skies
PARI’s skies regularly exceed the International Dark-Sky Association’s Gold level rating for darkness, making a perfect spot for viewing outer space. See our dark sky data at campus.pari.edu/sqm
- Have a blast with fellow campers through STEM challenges, field trips, games, and more! (river tubing, hiking, waterfalls, photography competitions, scavenger hunts, PARI ball, campfires, swimming, and rocketry competitions, to name a few)
Clemson University Science Outreach Center is a Summer Scholars Partner.
This camp is held in Rosman, NC not Clemson University (but the camp includes a field trip to visit Clemson!
For more information on PARI Space Camps contact Clemson University Science Outreach Center:
G-26 and G-30 Jordan Hall
Clemson, SC 29634