1. Carl W. Baum and Clint S. Wilkins, "Erasure Generation and
Interleaving for Meteor-Burst Communications for Fixed-Rate and Variable-Rate
IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 625-628, June
2. Fred J. Block and Carl W. Baum, "Symbol Combining for
Frequency Hop Hybrid ARQ Communication Systems Subject to Fading and Partial-Band
Interference," in the Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE Military Communications
Conference (Monterey, CA), pp. 286-290, Nov. 1997.
3. Jennifer Vanderhorst, "Quaternary Direct-Sequence
Spread-Spectrum Multiple-Access System Performance," in the 1991 IEEE Southeast
Conference (SECON), April 1999. (third place in the student paper competition)
4. Carl W. Baum and Clint S. Wilkins, "Meteor Burst
Communications," in the Wiley Encylcopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (J. C.
Webster, ed), New York: Wiley, 1999.
5. Michael Lockard, "Magnetic Fields and Forces in a
Three-Phase Caternary Power Line System," in the 2000 IEEE Southeast Conference
(SECON), April 2000. (first place in the student paper competition)
6. Karen L. Gray and Daniel L. Noneaker, "The Effect of
Adaptive-Rate Coding on TCP Performance in Wireless Communications," in the
Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE/AFCEA Eurocomm Conference, pp. 233-237, May 2000.
7. Anna K. Hart and L. Wilson Pearson, "All-Angle Grating Lobe
Suppression for Fixed-Beam Arrays with Wide Element Spacing," in the paper
abstracts of the 2000 USNS/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Salt Lake City,
UT, July 2000.
8. Justin P. Coon, Thomas P. Macdonald, and Michael B. Pursley,
"A New Method for Obtaining Side Information in Frequency-Hop Spread-Spectrum
Systems," in the Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE Military Communications Conference
(Los Angeles, CA), pp. 5.2.1-5, Oct. 2000.
9. Asa C. Pease and Harlan B. Russell, "Performance of the
Reliable All-Informed Voice Networking (RAVEN) System in Dynamic Network
Topologies," in the Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Southeast Conference
(SECON), pp. 49-54, April 2001.
10. Jessica Pursley, "Turbo Product Codes and Channel Capacity,"
in the 2001 IEEE Southeast Conference (SECON), April 2001. (first place in the
student paper competition)
11. Michael B. Pursley, Thomas C. Royster IV, Michael Y. Tan,
"High-rate direct-sequence spread spectrum", in the Proc. 2003 IEEE Military Communications
Conference, (Boston, MA), pp. 1101-1106, October 2003.
12. Marshal Blessing and Ian D. Walker, "Novel continuum robots
with variable-length sections," in the Proc. 3rd IFAC Symposium on Mechatronic Systems,
(Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia), September 2004.
13. B. J. Wolf, J. L. Hammond, D. L. Noneaker, and H. B. Russell,
≥Distributed formation of broadcast transmission schedules for mobile ad hoc networks,≤
in the Proc. IEEE Military Communications Conference, (Monterey, CA), November 2004.
14. D. K. Hutchenson and D. L. Noneaker, ≥Deterministic Model of
Multipath Fading for Circular and Parabolic Reflector Patterns,≤ to appear in Proc. 2005
IEEE SoutheastCon, (Ft. Lauderdale, FL), April 2005.