Centered at the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) campus, this effort is a blend of education, research, economic development and a magnet venue for the automotive industry.
CU-ICAR fast facts:
- Recognized by the National Academy of Sciences as a global best practice in University-industry research parks.
- Of 102 alumni of our graduate program in automotive engineering, 44 percent work in South Carolina.
- 15 faculty members
- 34 research partners
- 17 campus partners
- Represents more than $250 million in public and private investment
- Hosted the first International Electric Vehicle Conference
- Hosted the second International Automotive Transatlantic summit
- Site of a new Greenville County middle school for the arts, sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics (2014)