Girl's Circle Training
A workshop for service providers, educators, therapists, probation officers, social workers, volunteers, mental health workers, parents & others who support girls’ growth and development. Girls Circle training has been applied to programs such as positive youth development, juvenile probation, schools, health education, boys and girls clubs, substance abuse prevention, pregnancy prevention, outdoor adventure groups, and gang-prevention.
We are excited that we are now approved to offer 13 continuing education credits (or CEUs) to social workers through Girls Circle Association’s Approved Program Status with NASW.
- Philosophy & Rationale of Girls Circles
- The Six Step Circle Format – Why it Works
- Creating Trust, Bonding & Cohesion
- Handling Challenging Group Dynamics
- Primary Role of the Facilitator
- Effective Facilitation Skills – Get Girls Talking
- Shaping & Holding Lively Group Discussions
- Co-Facilitation as an Option
2014 training dates
- April 22-23 - Bill Rogers Community Connections Center (4900 Broad River Rd, Columbia, SC)
- August 5-6 - Bill Rogers Community Connections Center (4900 Broad River Rd, Columbia, SC)
Fees, meals & lodging
Fees, meals & lodging : Registration fee of $350 includes 13 hours of instruction, the Girls Circle facilitator training manual, and continental breakfast and lunch each day. Training sessions run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Lodging arrangements, if desired, are “on your own” for participants attending training in Columbia.
Call Susan Alford at 803-348-0933 for more information