Girl's Circle Training
A workshop for service providers, educators, therapists, probation officers, social workers, volunteers, mental health workers, parents & others who support girls’ growth and development. Girls Circle training has been applied to programs such as positive youth development, juvenile probation, schools, health education, boys and girls clubs, substance abuse prevention, pregnancy prevention, outdoor adventure groups, and gang-prevention.
We are excited that we are now approved to offer 13 continuing education credits (or CEUs) to social workers through Girls Circle Association’s Approved Program Status with NASW.
- Philosophy & Rationale of Girls Circles
- The Six Step Circle Format – Why it Works
- Creating Trust, Bonding & Cohesion
- Handling Challenging Group Dynamics
- Primary Role of the Facilitator
- Effective Facilitation Skills – Get Girls Talking
- Shaping & Holding Lively Group Discussions
- Co-Facilitation as an Option
2015 training dates
- July 27-28, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn (434 Columbiana Drive, Columbia, SC)
Fees, meals & lodging
Fees, meals & lodging : Registration fee of $350 includes 13 hours of instruction, the Girls Circle facilitator training manual, and continental breakfast and lunch each day. Training sessions run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Lodging arrangements, if desired, can be made at the Hilton Garden Inn. Reservations must be made 30 days prior to the training in order to receive the Girls Circle Training rate of $129.00 per night.
Call Liz Morris at (803) 447-6200 for more information