Phone: 803 788-2260 ext. 243
FAX: 803 699-8910
- Ph.D. Microbiology, University of South Carolina, 2001
- B.S. Biology, University of South Carolina, 1996
of novel molecular diagnostic methods for detection pathogenic species
to include bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Molecular microbial ecology.
- Leaphart, A.B.,
D.K. Thompson, K. Huang, E. Alm, X-F. Wan, A. Arkin, S.D. Brown, L. Wu,
T. Yan, X. Liu, G.S. Wickham, and J. Zhou. 2006. Transcriptome
profiling of Shewanella oneidensis gene expression following exposure to acidic and alkaline pH. Journal of Bacteriology. 188:1633-1642.
- Lovell, C.R. and A.B. Leaphart. 2005. Community-level analysis: key genes of CO2-reductive acetogenesis. Methods in Enzymology. 397:454-469.
- Wan, X-F., N.C. VerBerkmoes, L.A. McCue, D. Stanek, H. Connelly, L.J Hauser, L.Wu, X. Liu, T. Yan, A.B. Leaphart,
R.L. Hettich, J. Zhou, and D. K. Thompson. 2004. Transcriptomic and
proteomic characterization of the Fur modulon in the metal-reducing
bacterium Shewanella oneidensis. Journal of Bacteriology. 186:8385-8400.
- Leaphart, A.B.
and C.R. Lovell. 2003. Formyltetrahydrofolate synthetase sequences from
salt marsh plant roots reveal a diversity of acetogenic bacteria and
other bacterial functional groups. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 69:693-696.
- Leaphart, A.B.,
H.T. Spencer, and C.R. Lovell. 2002. Site directed mutagenesis of a
potential catalytic and formyl phosphate binding site and substrate
inhibition of N10-formyltetrahydrofolate synthetase. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 408:137-143.
- Leaphart, A.B. and
C.R. Lovell. 2001. Recovery and analysis of formyltetrahydrofolate
synthetase gene sequences from natural populations of acetogenic
bacteria. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 67:1392-1395.
- Radfar, R.*, A.B. Leaphart*,
J. M. Brewer, W. Minor, J.D. Odom, R.B. Dunlap, C.R. Lovell, and L.
Lebioda. 2000. Cation binding and thermostability of FTHFS monovalent
cation binding sites of N10-formyltetrahydrofolate synthetase from Moorella thermoacetica. Biochemistry 39:14481-14486. * Denotes equal contribution to publication.
- Watson, J., G. Y. Matsui, A.B. Leaphart, J. Wiegel, F.A. Rainey, and C.R. Lovell. 2000. Reductively debrominating strains of Propionigenium maris from burrows of bromophenol-producing marine infauna. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 50 Pt 3:1035-1042.
- Editor, Journal of Applied Microbiology, 2005 – present
- Editor, Letters in Applied Microbiology, 2005 – present
- Reviewer, Journal of Applied Microbiology, 2003 – present
- Reviewer, Letters in Applied Microbiology, 2003 – present
- Reviewer (ad hoc), Environmental Science and Technology, 2005-present
- Member, American Society for Microbiology, 1999 – present
- Member, American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, 2005 – present