Theodore R. Adkins, Jr. Endowment
Guidelines for Application
Dr. Ted Adkins of the Theodore R. Adkins, Jr. Endowment
Dr. Ted Adkins was an Entomology faculty member at Clemson University for 28 years specializing in medical and veterinary entomology. He was recognized nationally for his work in forensics to which he devoted his full effort when he retired. He was known for the energy and passion he brought to his work, and for his affable and generous nature. While he enjoyed great success in his research, Dr. Adkins always said his students were his greatest accomplishment.
Terms of the Award - $500-1,000 annually depending on availability of funding
- Awarded on a competitive basis to a student enrolled in the Entomology Graduate Program conducting research in medical, veterinary or forensic entomology
- Recipient is expected to give a presentation on his/her research in the ENT 8090 Seminar series in the semester following receipt of the award
- Recipient is asked to send a note of thanks to Mrs. Joyce Adkins upon award notification
- Award is administered by the Graduate Advisory Committee
To be considered for the award, interested enrolled Entomology graduate students should submit the following items in a single, electronic file by the deadline:
- Statement of Research (no more than 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Up-to-date Entomology Graduate Program Checklist – no funding will be granted to a student who has not met the deadlines for their degree program.